Composites Program Manager
Apply by 4p on January 17th, 2019
The Composites Program Manager is responsible for senior level program management of composites operations; to include, but not limited to, direct supervision and coordination of the work activities and resources for the Composites Department Leadership Team, and applicable oversight of all Composites Department Staff. Composites operations may consist of services, functions, and activities related to cutting and kitting of diversified composite materials, control and accountability for raw materials and finished goods inventory, freezer operations, and logistics. Ensures the necessary practices and procedures are developed, implemented, and sustained, in order to meet production goals in accordance with customer contract deliverables, and sustains goals and objectives identified as a priority for manufacturing operations of Muskogee Technology.
The Composites Program Manager of Muskogee Technology shall report directly to the Muskogee Technology Director of Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibilities include the development and implementation of policies, procedures, actions, planning, scheduling, processes, and inventory management control to ensure Muskogee Technology composites operations operate in the most effective and efficient manner by maximizing equipment up time, reducing machine down time, and maximizing raw material yield which meet or exceed the metrics of success, and performance objectives of composites operations.
- Responsible for the governance of all activities associated with composites operations; included but not limited to, optimization of performance elements associated with the orchestration of production planning, allocation of resources, timescales, production monitoring, cutting/kitting, logistic services, raw materials and finished goods management, conducting conference calls with necessary parties, and assisting with Program specifications and financial management.
- Works in direct correlation with the Purchasing/Materials Manager to coordinate and forecast raw material purchases necessary to manage all processes related to establishing raw material trend usages, to ensure raw materials do not expire or exceed program compliance restrictions, and all other purchasing functions related to Composite Operations.
- Works in direct correlation with the Purchasing/Materials Manager to control all aspects of material flow and to maintain accuracy over all inventory related to composites.
- Performs day-to-day tasks, in facilitating and coordinating the efforts to analyze complex problems and to develop real time solutions relative to production capacity and resources to ensure composites operations meet customer contract requirements.
- Prepare clear and concise reports relevant to production with accurate data and analytics to use as a tool to effectively plan and schedule the needs of composites operations in a proactive manner, as well as, establishing minimum efficiency standards for machine up time, and to implement necessary measures to monitor and enforce efficiency standards.
- On a day-to-day basis, integrate components of industry best practices necessary to select, train, and evaluate direct reports and associated staff to correct deficiencies in order to promote and sustain a can-do culture of success.
- Serves as a mentor to the composites team by approaching problematic areas in a positive light.
- Works in conjunction with Quality Assurance Team and Management Team to maintain and improve product deliverables by completing manufacturing processes on time and within the project plan. Investigates customer complaints related to manufacturing shortfalls, collaborating with other members of management to develop new strategies, means, and methods for composites operations.
- Provide technical expertise and advice to the Director of Operations of Muskogee Technology regarding all elements of composites operations.
- Researches and establishes procedures for maintaining high level production standards of quality, reliability, and safety that are in-line with Muskogee Technology’s goals and objectives pertaining to all aspects of composites operations.
- Responsible for developing continuous improvement measures for manufacturing procedures necessary to reduce variation, reduce tooling costs, and to frequently evaluate standard operating procedures in relation to composites operations functions and initiatives in order to continuously improve efficiencies and machine reliability.
- Tracks labor productivity and non-productive labor time in accordance with established production benchmarks and standards.
- Enforces safety regulations, and accomplishes production benchmarks by maintaining a positive work environment, a healthy work atmosphere, and promoting employee morale by developing personal growth.
- Reads and analyzes charts, work orders, production schedules, work instructions, operational procedures and other records and reports to determine production requirements and to evaluate current production estimates and outputs.
- Confers with Muskogee Technology Management to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments and to assist in providing subject matter expertise for estimating purposes.
- Confers with management or subordinates to resolve worker problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, job orders, and company policies and procedures for workers.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Muskogee Technology Management or the Director of Operations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Manufacturing, Industrial Management, or closely related field required.
- Five (5) years verifiable related employment experience in manufacturing and/or quality systems management at the ISO 9000, AS9100, or NADCAP level required. Experience in document control and recording of engineered drawings, and financial management related to the aerospace manufacturing industry preferred.
- Four (4) year’s verifiable related employment experience in a professional setting with duties related to match supply and demand capabilities and requirements, lean processing procedures, risk management, risk controls, trending analysis and methodologies, and strategic budgeting required.
- Two (2) year’s experience in maintaining a supply chain material requirements planning (MRP) accounting system required and four (4) year’s preferred.
- Must have working knowledge of computers with ability to work in a Windows environment with various software programs such as Word, Excel, and PPT with an advanced skillset and demonstrated ability to develop cost analysis reports, financial-related subject matter reports such as inventory audits, and material value assessments.
- Program Management Institute or similar PMI or PMP certificate preferred.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with co-workers at all levels of the company and within the framework of a quality management system.
- Must possess a high level of maturity, professionalism, and the ability to maintain confidentiality in a fast-paced business atmosphere.
- Excellent written and verbal communication problem solving and conflict resolution skills. Ability to establish, encourage and maintain effective working relationships with others.
- Able to convert manufacturing processing plans into action; provide implementation of planned processing.
- Able to provide, communicate and implement ideas that improve safety, quality, delivery and cost in part processing.
- Must be able to complete and maintain appropriate reports.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the equipment, materials, methods and processes used in manufacturing.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail and ability to coordinate various projects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the management level CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA