Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Machinist II is responsible for the development of production plan and the complex setting up and operating of a variety of machine tools in a machine tool environment, inspecting for accuracy and compliance with all requirements in order to produce precision parts and instruments.
The Machinist II shall report directly to the Production Machine Supervisor.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates a variety of complex machine tools, and fits and assembles parts to fabricate or repair machine tools and maintain industrial machines, applying knowledge of mechanics, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machining procedures.
- Interprets blueprint, sketch, machine part, or specifications to determine type and dimensions of metal stock required.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Measures, marks and scribes dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, micrometer, caliper, and scriber.
- Dismantles machine or equipment using hand tools, such as wrench and screwdriver to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part. Substitutes new part or repairs or reproduces part from various kinds of metal s tock, using hand tools such as scraper, file and drill and machine tools, such as lathe, milling machine, shaper, borer and grinder.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manufacturing Manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Attendance at specialized training or technical school desirable.
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience operating manual and/or CNC machines.
- Verifiable related employment experience operating equipment, machinery and tools such as lathes, horizontal and vertical mills, saws and precision measuring equipment required.
- Experience working with blueprints, technical manuals and other printed data required.
- Working knowledge of various tool holders, cutting tools, boring bars, and inserts used on various machines.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to understand, carry out, and communicate oral and written instructions.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 50 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to quickly adjust controls, see details at close range, respond quickly to signals, and quickly move hands with arms to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA