Quality Specialist I - 2nd Shift
Apply by 4p on January 17th, 2019
The Quality Specialist I is responsible for assisting with the development of quality control practices and performance for all Composites and Electronics/Kitting Operations provided by Muskogee Technology.
The Quality Specialist I of Muskogee Technology shall report directly to the Composites QA Team Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for all quality and compliance measures for Composite day-to-day operations which include the Clean Room, Electronics, Freezer Inventory Management & Control, Shipping/Receiving of Composites & Electronics, and all relative supporting services.
- Responsible for interpreting Contract specifications for all Composite & Electronics/Kitting Operations in coordination with Management, in order to develop, implement, and sustain all quality and procedural elements of Composite Operations necessary for compliance and customer contract regulation and standards.
- Assist in the development of the quality control plan by creating sample test plans and implementation.
- Assists with researching, evaluating and developing improved techniques and procedures for the Quality Management System (QMS) to aid in maintaining a high standard of quality performance, reliability, and safety that are in-line with Muskogee Technology’s goals and objectives.
- Assists in the development of drafting Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for quality assurance safe practices, and implementing these within daily work activities in coordination with the appropriate member of Management and Muskogee Technology policies and procedures.
- Performs daily duties and assignments to identify specification requirement’s, certification of compliance, completion of receiving documents, packing list and drawing reviews to institute companywide quality assurance efforts.
- Performs day-to-day inspections related to composite material receiving, processing, cutting, kitting and shipping inspections to ensure that MT has 100% accountability of raw materials during all phases of operations.
- Participates in providing investigative documentation and feedback to management and customer’s when MT is issued negative feedback, non-conformance reports, or any other in-house/professional audit findings.
- Utilize measuring and test equipment with inspection procedures and techniques to determine if raw materials, WIP and finished goods meet customer requirements. Assists in monitoring, scheduling, and ensuring calibration of tooling/gauges and equipment is completed in a timely manner and/or within compliance requirements.
- Serves on a day-to-day basis to ensure there is a visible Quality Assurance presence throughout Muskogee Technology Composites operations and communicates effectively to leadership to ensure that production areas are being kept clean and safe.
- Performs daily duties and assignments to complete inspection reports, tags and documents necessary for the success of Composites & Electronics operations.
- Reports to members of Management, on the performance of the quality system for review as a basis for improvement of the quality system.
- Helps act as liaison with suppliers on matters related to non-compliance in respect to Composite & Electronics/Kitting Operations.
- Follows established Quality Policies and Procedures to ensure Muskogee Technology operations meets contract quality requirements and compliance standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Professional Services and other members of management.
- Associate’s Degree in Business or related field or four (4) years of verifiable related employment experience or a combination of education and verifiable related employment experience required.
- Three (3) years verifiable related employment experience in development of quality system at the ISO 9000 level required.
- One (1) year verifiable related employment experience in an AS9100 quality system or audit environment required.
- One (1) year verifiable related employment experience in a NADCAP quality system environment preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; must be able to communicate with employees, the general public, vendors and customers, and all levels of management, maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Must have working knowledge of computers with ability to work in a Windows environment with various software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Must be able to complete and maintain appropriate reports.
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail and ability to coordinate various projects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess or obtain a forklift certification.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the management level CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA