Composite Group Leader
Open Until Filled
(12 hr. shifts/3.5 day work week/ Weekend days 6am-6pm)
The Composite Group Leader is responsible for leading and organizing, delegating, and coordinating the work activities and resources necessary for the cutting, kitting and assembling of diversified composite and assemblies for their assigned production Group/Shift. Also to include, the responsibilities of coordination and scheduling of raw material pulls for incoming shifts, production data reporting, and direct supervision of Group/Shift staff for day to day activities. Serves as the key liaison and primary representative to ensure the expectations of composites production and responsibilities are achieved and sustained for the respective Group/Shift.
The Composite Group Leader of Muskogee Technology shall report directly to the Composites Team Leader.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly responsible for planning, oversight, coordination, and supervision for the activities of employees engaged in the cutting and assembling of composite parts for clean room operations during their respective Group/Shift schedule.
- Enforces all safety regulations, company policy, and established production benchmarks in recognition of the company’s objectives in the absence of management and for the assigned Group/Shift.
- Utilizing work instructions, operational procedures and production schedules, ensures shift work schedules and production requirements set by the Composites Team Leader are met in accordance with customer contract deliverables.
- Confers with management to coordinate operations and activities within or between Departments to ensure manufacturing goals, benchmarks, and objectives are met by consistently reviewing production data and making adjustments to recover production shortfalls.
- Responsible for managing equipment up-time and assists other clean room employees with resolution of equipment maintenance needs/requirements in a timely manner.
- Works consistently with the Composite Machine Lead Operator to ensure proper employee training is conducted, and job duties are carried out in a productive and efficient manner.
- Inspects materials, products, or equipment to identify defects or malfunctions.
- Demonstrates equipment operations, work, and safety procedures to new employees and works to establish and maintain minimum levels of acceptable work standards.
- Works in association with off shift quality staff to ensure the performance of clean room operations meets compliance standards and requirements.
- Develops and implements process improvement plans for Team Members that are performing below production level requirements with the objective to enhance the work environment for the Group/Shift and ensure a balance of job assignments are maintained and workloads are distributed evenly and fairly.
- Responsible for critical thinking, time management, technical skills, and communication skills needed to mentor the assigned Group/Shift and accomplish the scheduled production call as outlined by the customers contract deliverables.
- Facilitates Group/Shift personnel concerns in a positive, tactful, and conducive setting, with a mentorship focus, and confers with management to resolve employee related problems, complaints, or grievances.
- Communicates with the Composites Inventory Specialist and other appropriate inventory staff to determine daily material requirements to be pulled from the freezer for the next Group/Shift’s production call, and assist the Composites Team Leader in forecasting the raw material needs for the week.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining records during each assigned Group/Shift as per compliance requirements for any/all raw material pulls, shipping/receiving, and composite operations during the respective Group/Shift in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Composites Team Leader or management of Muskogee Technology.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent required. Technical College or Trade School Diploma/Certificate preferred.
- Six (6) years’ verifiable supervisory experience with directing front-line staff required while demonstrating the ability to manage groups of employees for business purpose through training, mentoring, skills assessment, and appraisals, while monitoring and maintaining benchmark objectives in accordance with company policies and procedures. Manufacturing supervisory experience preferred.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts and irregular work hours required.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with co-workers at all levels of the company and within the framework of a quality management system.
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to foster positive employee relations between co-workers and external Department Representatives necessary to achieve the desired production benchmarks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to focus and promote a Team work culture which is necessary to meet or exceed manufacturing production benchmarks.
- Must possess excellent planning skills with a strong skillset to determine lead/lag times in production, and achieve high yields in raw material usage.
- Must be able to proactively identify shortfalls and/or problematic concerns related to production and prompt ability to resolve these matters resourcefully in the absence of management.
- Must be able to work in a cold storage environment as needed for material control, accountability, and inventory audits.
- Must have working knowledge of computers with ability to work in a Windows environment with various software programs such as Word and Excel.
- Must be able to complete and maintain appropriate reports.
- Ability to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to lead and direct the work of others.
- Must be well organized with excellent attention to detail and ability to coordinate various projects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the management level CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA