Composite Machine Lead Operator
Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Composite Machine Lead Operator is responsible for performing various tasks in the cutting and kitting of diversified composite details and assemblies at a high level of productivity and accuracy. As required or assigned, will operate cutting equipment or perform functions that require specific technical skills and/or training. Mentors other Composite Machine Operators on a consistent basis to improve productivity, morale, and efficiencies within the Composites Department.
The Composite Machine Lead Operator shall report directly to the designated Composite Group Leader of Muskogee Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for the primary scope of composites cutting operations for the respective Group “otherwise referred to as shift” and serves as the Group Leader in their absence.
- Responsible for the senior level operation of computer assisted composite cutting equipment used to cut materials for the development of composite material kits at a high level of productivity and accuracy.
- Performs training activities for new hires in coordination with the designated Composites Group Leader, as developed and established, by the Composites Team Leader and/or Safety & Process Improvement Manager.
- Examine and inspect cut-out materials and products to ensure that product specifications are met and sustained.
- Inspect, track and replace cutting blades as required while frequently monitoring the performance of all static cutters over the Group schedule.
- Perform routine machine maintenance to ensure efficient machine operations and report machine operating deficiencies to management in a timely manner.
- Perform detailed recordkeeping as required for single ply cutting machines and submits production data as requested or regularly scheduled.
- Monitor production controls, traveler specifications, and QA instruction to ensure compliance.
- Frequently reviews cut files and nesting files to seek efficiency improvements in raw material consumption while consistently investigating opportunities for static cutter machine performance improvements.
- Responsible for assisting the Composites Group Leader to ensure all production benchmarks are met and sustained during the Group/Shift as established for the capacity of the cutting equipment and in accordance with the Customer’s demands.
- Works directly with the Composites Group Leader and Quality Assurance Representative to ensure operations is functioning within customer compliance and regulatory standards at all times.
- Works with the Composites Group Leader and appropriate Inventory Staff to help schedule and stage raw materials for incoming Groups/Shifts necessary to meet production requirements.
- Supports MT’s vision and mission, including the strategies and processes to meet and exceed the expectations of both customers and management.
- Supports MT’s values and purpose to enhance the quality of the work environment by maintaining a positive “can do” attitude.
- Supports MT’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment by adhering to company policy and government regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Muskogee Technology Management or the Composites Group Leader.
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience operating CNC static table cutters, CNC router tables, or other similar CNC controlled machinery with demonstrated ability to independently operate the CNC controlled equipment required. Minimum of three (3) years’ experience working in a composites manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic computer literacy skills and familiarity with shop math calculations required.
- Must be able to read and interpret workflow processes and procedures which are AS9100 & NADCAP compliant. Must be able to perform daily duties and assignments in accordance with compliance requirements.
- Ability to work in a team environment and communicate effectively with co-workers at all levels of the company and within the framework of a quality management system.
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts and irregular work hours required.
- Must possess the demonstrated ability to foster positive employee relations between co-workers and external Department Representatives necessary to achieve the desired production benchmarks.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to focus and promote a Team work culture which is necessary to meet or exceed manufacturing production benchmarks.
- Must be able to work in a cold storage environment as needed for material control, accountability, and inventory audits.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Demonstrated ability to follow detailed or complex written and/or verbal work instructions required.
- Ability to work as a team player is required.
- Must be able to routinely perform physical labor such as standing, bending and carrying items weighing up to 75 pounds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machines or devices; operate and use other types of inspection equipment and tools.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA