Estimator - Heavy Fabrication
Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Estimator analyzes and critically interprets RFQ requirements, which may include but are not limited to: blueprints, material specifications, outside processing requirements, and all other required documentation to prepare an accurate and valid quote. These requirements are utilized to prepare labor estimates, raw material costs, and outside processing costs, which aid management in bidding on, or determining the price of a product or service for Muskogee Technology manufacturing operations.
The Estimator of Muskogee Technology shall report directly to the Director of Professional Services of Muskogee Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility is to prepare accurate and valid estimates on conceptual, design-build or general tender work as provided to Muskogee Technology by its clients and/or potential clients and in conjunction with the clients and/or potential clients’ delivery requests, deadlines, or specifications.
- Reviews specifications/drawings/parts to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate based upon the available resources and capacity of Muskogee Technology operations.
- Performs necessary diligence to determine applicability of estimate requests by clients and/or potential clients to ensure the estimating actions and responses are in line with the strategic objectives, and resources and equipment capabilities of Muskogee Technology operations.
- Works diligently with Sales and Clients to ensure Muskogee Technology is meeting monthly budgeted sales/estimating targets.
- Continually work with Purchasing Department and Shipping/Receiving Department to ensure the best vendors for shipping and purchasing are researched and vetted.
- Reports to work with a professional appearance, and with the persistence to conduct business in a professional manner as a representative of Muskogee Technology.
- Works continuously to investigate, research, and interpret the customer base needs, and market conditions in relation to goods and services provided by Muskogee Technology.
- Works in a continuous effort to improve estimating processes as to ensure the best business practices of estimating are evolving.
- Works on a continuous basis to promote and improve customer relations with customers. Ever seeking opportunities to increase YOY sales with Muskogee Technology’s existing customer base while evaluating opportunities for new markets.
- Maintain files of working documents as back-up for estimate figures in a database driven platform.
- Review designs and recommend solutions based on cost, engineering, or materials.
- Identifies and computes labor, time requirements and materials needed to fulfill proposal requirements.
- Analyzes, creates and presents Basis of Estimates (BOE’s) through reports, charts and other documents to management.
- Maintains knowledge of all manufacturing processes, equipment and capabilities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Professional Services of Muskogee Technology.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent technical degree in Engineering, Aerospace Manufacturing, or related field required.
- Minimum of four (4) years job estimating experience which incorporate welding procedures in the manufacturing process and/or fabrication of metal components required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience using estimating software required. Shoptech-E2 knowledge a plus.
- AWS/CWI Weld Certification preferred.
- Must have a working knowledge of CAD software with the ability to demonstrate.
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings and blueprints with the ability to demonstrate.
- Must have the ability to work in a confidential setting and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of Metric/English materials and equivalents.
- Must have working knowledge of computers with ability to work in a Windows environment with various software programs such as MS Office.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively; must be able to communicate with employees, the general public, vendors and customers, and all levels of management, maintaining professionalism and respect.
- Must possess ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions.
- Able to acquire and maintain proficiency and understanding of Department of Defense, Prime and other government/commercial contracts and bidding specifications.
- Must be well organized, self-motivated with excellent attention to detail and ability to coordinate various projects, and exhibit enthusiasm for challenge and new initiatives.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Must possess math skills including but not limited to geometry and algebra and metrics.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the management level CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA