Heavy Fabrication Machine Operator
Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Heavy Fabrication Machine Operator is responsible for the operation of a High Def CNC Plasma, Genesis Robotic Torch Table, and Press Brake in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
The Heavy Fabrication Machine Operator shall report directly to the Welder IV of Muskogee Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setup and operate CNC plasma cutting table to manufacture parts to specifications and blueprints.
- Review plans for finished product, monitor controls and make adjustments to the machine to control speed and path of the cut, ensuring proper set up of consumables to produce quality product.
- Monitor and correct wear in order to replace consumables proficiently to continue to manufacture parts to specifications.
- Responsible for the operation of the press brake, genesis robotic torch table, and high def CNC plasma machines using standard and custom controls.
- Performs and inspects pieces for conformance to specifications and makes adjustment to correct errors.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, caliper, and scriber.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Responsible for the monitoring, inspection, and servicing of machinery for normal wear and preventative maintenance items.
- Works in conjunction with the Welding staff for fabrication of parts and completion of jobs.
- Works proactively to maintain a clean and safe work area.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management of Muskogee Technology.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Moderate computer literacy skills and familiarity with shop math calculations required.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating and programming CNC controls required.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience operating press brake required.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, including technical data.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machines or devices; operate and use other types of inspection equipment and tools.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 75 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to quickly adjust controls, see details at close range, respond quickly to signals, and quickly move hands with arms to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA