Machine Operator 2
Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Machine Operator II is responsible for the operation of machinery in a machine tool environment in accordance with established procedures and guidelines.
The Machine Operator II shall report directly to the appropriate Supervisor of Muskogee Technology.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs daily job tasks and assignments with no direct supervision or assistance.
- Operates CNC and manual machines used to manufacture parts to specifications and blueprints.
- Sets up and operates fabricating machines, such as brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, grinders, and drill presses, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill, or otherwise form and assemble metal components.
- Measures, marks, and scribes dimensions and reference points on metal stock surfaces, using such measuring and marking devices as calibrated ruler, micrometer, caliper, and scriber.
- Operates saws, sanders, benders, presses, etc. in the manufacturing scheme. Inspects pieces for conformance to specifications visually or with gages or templates and makes adjustment to correct errors.
- Lays out lines onto work piece using compass or trace from template.
- Within the scope of the job requirements, will be required to adhere and comply with state law, the Company ISO Quality Program and procedures, Company policies and Safety and Environmental Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management of Muskogee Technology.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Attendance at specialized training or technical school preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience operating industrial manual machines to include saws, benders, mills, grinders, presses, etc. required.
- Must be adaptable to a changing work environment, competing demands and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events.
- Must possess ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, including technical data.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machines or devices; operate and use other types of inspection equipment and tools.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 75 pounds.
- Must possess the ability to quickly adjust controls, see details at close range, respond quickly to signals, and quickly move hands with arms to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA