Job Posting Open Until Filled
The Maintenance Technician performs routine and extensive tasks relative to general maintenance, preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance, and mechanical/electrical/HVAC repairs of Muskogee Technology facilities, assets, machinery and equipment spanning two (2) locations.
The Maintenance Technician shall report directly to the Director of Operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understands and supports the objectives to optimize manufacturing productivity by providing supreme indirect cost support for direct cost operations.
- Adheres to and complies with all applicable work standards, policies, and procedures which promote a safe work environment with general familiarity of OSHA safe work practices.
- Directly responsible for independently creating, executing, and maintaining preventative maintenance plans in accordance with OEM specifications.
- Directly responsible for scheduling, monitoring, coordinating, and keeping record of, all external service providers work in relative to asset needs and critical systems and components with respect to monthly budget parameters.
- Directly responsible for routine upkeep, maintenance, and repair of Muskogee Technology facilities, equipment, and machinery which includes but not limited to electrical troubleshooting and repairs, low voltage troubleshooting and repairs, plumbing maintenance and repairs, pneumatic system installation and repair, roof inspections, general construction duties, and accurate record keeping through daily, weekly, monthly checklists.
- Directly responsible for routine upkeep and maintenance for the Clean Room equipment and machinery while working in an ISO Clean Room restricted environment.
- Responsible to perform, assist, and coordinate fleet maintenance repairs and services with the Shipping/Receiving Team Leader.
- Works directly with Purchasing to procure services and materials relative to maintenance duties and responsibilities.
- Consistently performs duties to proactively clean, inspect, and assess machinery performance to minimize equipment failures and downtime.
- Responsible for performing periodic and annual fire extinguisher inspections as per protocol.
- Responsible for performing routine HVAC, refrigeration, and electrical preventative maintenance and repair duties to critically extend asset life and maximize equipment uptime.
- Assists with all aspects of manufacturing operations which are to be considered indirect cost duties and responsibilities.
- Directly responsible for sustaining on-line services related to vital utilities such as generator back-up and compressed air equipment.
- Works with the CIEDA IT Department and outside contractors for issues relative to the surveillance system.
- Takes ownership in and responsibility for the installation of new equipment and machinery.
- Performs basic carpentry tasks such as constructing crates for shipping and receiving purposes.
- Performs basic flooring repairs and general facility maintenance such as plumbing repairs, light fixture repairs, light bulb replacement, etc.
- Must follow all safety guidelines and wear appropriate PPE relative to each area of the plant and assigned job task.
- Communicates effectively with MT MGT.
- Performs other duties as assigned by management of Muskogee Technology.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Verifiable industrial/commercial maintenance training required.
- Trade/Vocational training by an accredited establishment preferred.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience working in manufacturing, automation, or industrial services required.
- Minimum of four (4) years experience demonstrating successful progressively increasing responsibilities in general maintenance responsibilities required. General responsibilities might include; electric motor repair/replacement, vibration analysis, thermal imaging, production/equipment line repair and maintenance, drive assembly alignment and balance, experience with rotating equipment, PLC diagramming and programming, troubleshooting building mechanical systems equipment, control circuits, and HVAC systems and components.
- Journeyman electrician license in the State of Alabama or State in reciprocity with working knowledge of the National Electrical Code and NFPA70E standards preferred.
- Must have State of Alabama or State in reciprocity accredited HVAC or HVACR license and/or endorsement and/or must be able to obtain within one hundred eighty (180) days as a condition of employment required.
- Must have universal 608 EPA certification required.
- Must have the demonstrated ability to safely and independently operate forklifts, boom lifts, and/or scissor lifts required.
- Must be able to routinely climb a ladder, stand, bend, and carry items.
- Must be willing to work irregular hours as needed including nights, weekends, and holidays under an “on call status” to support the 24/7 operations of Muskogee Technology.
- Must conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner as a Muskogee Technology representative while working directly with internal and external parties for equipment assessment, repair, and overhaul.
- Must be adaptable to an ever-changing work environment, competing demands, and be able to deal with frequent changes, delays or unexpected events relative to manufacturing.
- Must be willing to travel and participate in training sessions as recommended or required.
- Must possess ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions, including technical data.
- Demonstrated ability to operate machines or devices; operate and use other types of inspection equipment and tools as a means of troubleshooting and repair/maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Must be able to lift and manipulate objects up to 75 pounds required.
- Must possess the ability to quickly adjust controls, see details at close range, respond quickly to signals, and quickly move hands with arms to grasp, manipulate, or assemble objects.
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license and an insurable driving record for purposes of driving company vehicles required.
- Must have good verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to comply with all other requirements as specified within the CIEDA Personnel Policies and Procedures.
C.I.E.D.A. HR Department | 100 Brookwood Road, Atmore, AL 36502
Phone: (251) 368-0819 | Fax: (251) 446-7018 | Office Hours: 7:30 am – 4:00 pm
Apply online www.CIEJobs.com Email: HR@pcicie.com
PREFERENCE SHALL BE GIVEN IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE TRIBAL EMPLOYMENT RIGHTS ORDINANCE / CIEDA is a DFWP.
Complaints about the recruitment or selection process for employment should be directed in writing to the office of the President/CEO of CIEDA